Valentine’s Day is almost here. I love looking at all the fun Valentine’s crafts and dessert recipes on Pinterest but, honestly, I won’t make half of them because they are just too fiddly. Unfortunately, this also means that many of the things I make aren’t that fun. So what can I make that is easy but also looks cool and fun? Easy Day Jello Parfaits fit the ticket perfectly. Just use red jello for the perfect color scheme.
Need a different color scheme? Just change the flavor of Jello. Easy peasy! No baking, not too many ingredients and they are so pretty don’t you think?
Making the pretty tilt isn’t so hard. Just be really careful carrying the dish and glasses or you will end up Jello everywhere!
After it gels it stays at the perfect angle like magic! Add your creamy layer, a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkles and DONE. Perfect, cute, fun and delicious.
Perfect for Valentine’s Day, a birthday party or any time!
- 1 3 Ounce Package Red Jell-O
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- 8 Ounces Whipped Cream/Whipped Topping
- Sprinkles, optional
- Mix jello and hot water in a large bowl. Stir thoroughly until the jello has dissolved.
- Pour cold water into the bowl and stir again.
- Fill glasses about half full of the jello liquid.
- Lean glasses sideways in a dish. I had to put some paper towels under mine to get them to prop up correctly. Plus, this helped to steady them and not let them roll.
- Carefully place in fridge for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Take the excess jello (or 1/3 cup) and mix it with the prepared whipped cream.
- When jello is solidified, remove from fridge. Spoon the whipped cream mixture into the open space in your prepared glasses.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkles if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253 Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 43mg Sodium: 136mg Carbohydrates: 32g Sugar: 28g Protein: 4g
Looking for more great Valentine’s Day posts? Check these out!
Keepsake Valentine Garland Tuturial