Whenever we have a cookout, I love to have multiple salads. Many salads can be made ahead and stored in the fridge allowing you to mingle with your guests instead of prepping dinner. This salad has a light, citrusy dressing that goes wonderfully with a the heavy meat flavors of a summertime barbecue.
Lemony Pasta Salad with Grape Tomatoes and Feta
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 3 small garlic cloves minced
- 3 tsp grated lemon peel
- 16 oz fusili corkscrew pasta (I used Catelli Smart)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups red or yellow bell peppers I used some of each
- 1 1/2 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta per package directions for al dente. Drain & rinse with cold water. Drain again. Transfer to large bowl and add tomatoes, bell peppers and feta.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Toss salad ingredients with dressing & add salt and pepper to taste.