Today I decided that we needed to have a deliciously springy dinner since I will be winging my way to Vancouver for a conference tomorrow. On the menu? “Roast” chicken cooked in my new Instant Pot with asparagus and lemon loaf for dessert. I’m sure you remember that I love anything lemon. Last year, I introduced you to these amazing iced lemon cookies and now I’m here to share a decadently delicious lemon loaf recipe made with farm fresh Burnbrae Farms Naturegg Omega 3 eggs. They even look spring-y themselves. All pretty and yellow!
I am considering kicking this up another notch by picking up some fresh strawberries and making my own lemon strawberry shortcake. Just layer a slice of lemon loaf with fresh strawberries (or mix them with a bit of sugar first if you like) and then top with whipped cream. Could anything be more spring-y? I think not!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon extract, not juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar, icing sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and yogurt. Add oil and lemon extract and whisk again.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until just mixed. Do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the top comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Poke holes in top of cake with a skewer. Pour glaze over top of cake. Extra glaze can be added as the glaze is soaked up.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 179mg Carbohydrates: 59g Sugar: 40g Protein: 7g
Looking for more quick breads to try? Check these recipes out!