Holiday baking is right around the corner. Taking a spin around the store earlier this week, I grabbed a box of the thin square mints that show up around holiday time (like After 8s but the store brand). Instead of eating the entire box in one go, I decided to make them into a minty holiday treat. The Mint Stuffed Sugar Cookie Bars recipe was born!
When Evan got home he said “Something smells delicious! What is it?” Once he heard it was cookie bars, he wanted one right away. He gave them two big thumbs up. I love it when he enjoys the easy treats instead of only liking fussy ones. This is the kid who whenever I ask what he wants for dinner, his answer is homemade mac and cheese. Every. Single. Time.
Add this deliciously minty sugar cookie bars recipe to your rotation. Full of minty flavour and super easy! Grab a box (or 12) of thin mint candies and whip up this not-so-sweet treat in no time.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 box thin mint candies, like After 8, I used President's Choice dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13 X 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix the sugar into the melted butter until combined. Add the 3 eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour and salt. Stir until just mixed.
- Spread half of the mixture into the bottom of the pan with an offset spatula sprayed with cooking spray.
- Layer your mints over the sugar cookie dough.
- Spread remaining dough on top. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before you cut them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 20gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Love bar cookies? Check out these great bar cookie recipes!