Nachos are a perfect food. You can add just about anything and then you cover it with CHEESE. Is your mouth watering? Well, I have a new idea for you… take those same delicious ingredients and the potatoes in your cupboard and make these delicious Nacho Stuffed Potato Skins instead. All the flavor of nachos but in a new way. Perfect for your next party or game day get together.
Making your stuffed potatoes is EASY! Just bake or microwave…
Scoop leaving a bit of potato behind….
Mix with your nacho ingredients, refill and bake!
- 3 Medium Yukon Potatoes
- 1 cup Jalapeno Nacho Cheese
- 1½ cups Tortilla Chips, Crushed
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Sour Cream
- Poke holes in potatoes with a fork. Microwave on high for about 4 minutes or until tender.
- Carefully remove from teh microwave and slice each potato in half long ways. Be sure to cut them exactly in half. If you get one side too big, they won’t stand up.
- Let them cool for about ten minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once cool, take a spoon and scoop out the insides of each potato into a bowl. Be careful to not go all the way down to the skin, leave a thin layer of potato.
- Using a spoon, smash the potato chunks you placed in a bowl. Add to the bowl 1 cup of crushed tortilla chips, ½ cup nacho cheese, and milk. Mix well.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the hollowed out potato halves until just barely over the rim.
- Cover a cookie sheet in tin foil, place your filled potato halves on the sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Warm the remaining nacho cheese in the microwave in a bowl for about a minute. Remove and stir. Drizzle over the top of the potatoes.
- Top with as much salsa and then sour cream as you desire.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed chips over the top of the potatoes and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 457mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 6g
Make sure to pin for later!
Looking for more yummy appetizers? Try these!
Chewy Pretzel Bites Recipe