Today I am taking part in a SWEET blog with some of my fellow Calgary Bloggers. In fact, it is even called The Sweet Holiday Blog Hop. This week I have been baking up a storm but, honestly, I don’t always have time to bake. I love quick and delicious cookies that I can whip up from ingredients in the pantry without having to bake for hours. No-bake cookies are PERFECT when you are in a hurry.
Today I decided to make Nutella, Pretzel and Cranberry No-Bake Cookies. I am not one of those people who will try to convince you that Nutella is a healthy food. However, I AM one of those people that will try to convince you that it is delicious. The sweet of the Nutella mixes with the salty crunch of the pretzels and the tang of dried cranberries. They come together to make a wonderful, delicious cookie that you can have ready to serve in 10 minutes.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup quick oats
- In a large pot, mix sugar, butter, milk and cocoa together.
- Bring to a boil and continue to boil until mixture reaches 210 degrees F (use a candy thermometer or bring to a rolling boil and then boil for one full minute).
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and nutella until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir quickly.
- Drop by spoonfuls on to parchment paper and let cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 134mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 20g Protein: 2g
Now hop on over to visit the other Calgary blogs taking part in The Sweet Holiday Blog Hop!
Love Great Cookie Recipes? Here are some to try!