Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are amazing. Even a bad chocolate chip cookie is better than most things but this is NOT a bad chocolate chip cookie. Nope, it is so good that it is in the OMG realm. it is so chock full of deliciousness that I dare you to try to eat just one. Evan gave them two thumbs up and so did everyone else who tried them. Okay, now I think I need to make them again. Ack!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup old-fashioned whole rolled oats, not instant or quick cook
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Combine butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla in your mixer bowl and combine with paddle attachment until creamy.
- Add oats, flour, coconut, pecans, baking soda and salt and blend until just combined. Scrape down bowl.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in.
- Set bowl in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Using a large cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop dough into 2" balls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11 - 13 minutes or until just browning around the edges.
- Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on a cookie rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 26
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Saturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
What is your favorite kind of cookie?