I wasn’t going to have a “What’s Cooking Wednesday” entry this week but I didn’t have anything planned for dinner. I found this recipe in a magazine & it turned out great. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture. Doh!
One Dish Beef Stroganoff
- 3/4 lb boneless beef sirloin grilling steak, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, halved & sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups Beef Broth (Campbell’s reduced sodium broth)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can Low Fat Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked fusilli or medium spiral egg noodles
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp wocestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup light sour cream or plain yogurt
- Cook beef in non-stick skillet at medium-high heat until browned, stirring often. Remove beef; reduce heat to medium. Add onion and mushrooms to pan and cook for 3 minutes (I cooked them for more like 5 minutes). Stir into beef.
- Combine broth, water and soup in skillet. Heat to a boil. Add pasta. Cook at gentle boil until pasta is just tender (al dente), stiring often.
- Stir in peas, worcestershire sauce and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Return beef mixture to skillet, stir in sour cream and heat through.
Recipe Notes: Next time I make this I will use ground beef or turkey instead of the steak. The steak was tasty but you didn’t get beef in every bite so I think the ground meat would be better. I used lots more peas than called for in the recipe so that we would get more veggies. Dewey LOVED this recipe & we will definitely be making it again.
As always, go visit Shan to see what else is cooking this Wednesday.
Sunday 25th of May 2008
This one sounds great Merry. I'm going to give it a try soon.
Thursday 22nd of May 2008
I love the quick recipes, and it's hard to go wrong if Campbell's is involved. It sounds delicous!