I wasn’t going to have a “What’s Cooking Wednesday” entry this week but I didn’t have anything planned for dinner. I found this recipe in a magazine & it turned out great. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture. Doh!
One Dish Beef Stroganoff
- 3/4 lb boneless beef sirloin grilling steak, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, halved & sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups Beef Broth (Campbell’s reduced sodium broth)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can Low Fat Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked fusilli or medium spiral egg noodles
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp wocestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup light sour cream or plain yogurt
- Cook beef in non-stick skillet at medium-high heat until browned, stirring often. Remove beef; reduce heat to medium. Add onion and mushrooms to pan and cook for 3 minutes (I cooked them for more like 5 minutes). Stir into beef.
- Combine broth, water and soup in skillet. Heat to a boil. Add pasta. Cook at gentle boil until pasta is just tender (al dente), stiring often.
- Stir in peas, worcestershire sauce and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Return beef mixture to skillet, stir in sour cream and heat through.
Recipe Notes: Next time I make this I will use ground beef or turkey instead of the steak. The steak was tasty but you didn’t get beef in every bite so I think the ground meat would be better. I used lots more peas than called for in the recipe so that we would get more veggies. Dewey LOVED this recipe & we will definitely be making it again.
As always, go visit Shan to see what else is cooking this Wednesday.