Sometimes life is just too busy to make a full breakfast. And sometimes life is just too busy to make a full dinner. Thankfully, there are delicious options like this one for a Pancetta, Tomato and Ricotta Open Faced Breakfast Sandwich (also known as a toastie) that are quick, delicious and can be made for either.
I imagine that Evan and I will be eating quick and easy dinners like this a lot on our RV trip. Who says that you have to have a big involved dinner anyway? I enjoy eating quick, delicious and fresh meals for dinner. Groceries are less, the scale stays put and I don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. I call that a win/win/win!
While it can be made at any time, make sure that you take advantage of the delicious, fresh tomatoes avaiable now as summer comes to an end. There are few things that are better in life than fresh, summer tomatoes.
Okay….let’s make a Pancetta, Tomato and Ricotta Breakfast Open Faced Sandwich! (Scroll down for the full, printable recipe.)
First, gather your ingredients:
1 piece whole wheat, seedy, rustic bread
2 slices pancetta, fried crispy, crumbled (can use bacon if you prefer)
3 slices tomato, sliced
¼ c ricotta (can also use cottage cheese if preferred)
dash Italian seasoning, dried
as desired salt and pepper
garnish fresh basil
Next, toast your bread. You want it crispy enough to be a good base for the ricotta (which is a bit wet). Mix together the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and the ricotta cheese. Spread on top of the toast.
Top the ricotta with the tomato slices.
Top the tomato slices with the pancetta and basil and season again with salt and pepper if desired.
Doesn’t that look delicious? And it can easily make the transition from breakfast to lunch or dinner.
- 1 piece whole wheat, seedy, rustic bread
- 2 slices pancetta, fried crispy, crumbled (can use bacon if you prefer)
- 3 slices tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup ricotta, can also use cottage cheese if preferred
- 1 dash Italian seasoning, dried
- salt and pepper, as desired
- fresh basil, garnish
- Toast the bread lightly (can also butter after toasting if you prefer)
- Mix together the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and the ricotta cheese. Spread on top of the toast.
- Top the cheese with the tomato slices
- Top the tomato slices with the pancetta and basil
- Season again with salt and pepper if preferred.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
Looking for more great Breakfast recipes? Check these out!