Christmas cookies are my FAVOURITE but sometimes I just don’t have time to make cookies. I love fun and festive candies like these Peppermint Marshmallow Pops that I can make instead. These are perfect to whip up for a holiday party, a gift for someone special or just to eat at home. Plus, they are easy enough that you can get the kids involved to help!
Basically you just need peppermints, marshamllows, sucker sticks and Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses.
Then you get to get your dip on. Delicious, fun and the end resort is gorgeous. Win/Win/Win.
- 24 Candy Cane Kisses
- 2 Crushed Candy Canes
- 12 Large Marshmallows
- 2 Small Dishes, One Microwaveable Safe
- 12 Sucker Sticks
- Wax Paper
- Begin by unwrapping as many kisses as it takes to fill your small microwaveable dish.
- Next, place your sucker sticks in the end of as many marshmallows as you need.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on a large plate or flat pan. Something that will fit in the fridge.
- Place the dish of kisses in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds at a time until they begin to melt. Stir the kisses in between each heating session.
- Once the kisses are nice and creamy, dip your marshmallows on the sticks as far in the chocolate as you prefer then tap them on the side of the dish to let the excess fall off. This make take a few seconds.
- Set each marshmallow on the wax paper with the stick up in the air. Allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- While the marshmallows are cooling, throw your candy canes in a baggie and smash them into smaller pieces. Place the pieces in a dish.
- If the marshmallows are still a little gooey but not “drippy” then they’re ready to be dipped in your peppermint pieces. Dip the tip of the marshmallows into them and roll it around then set it back on the sheet.
- Once dipped in the candy cane pieces, place them back on the wax paper and place them in the fridge for about 10 minutes to harden.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: marshmallow
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Saturated Fat: 1.6gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 343mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 262gProtein: 1g