It has been a while since I’ve made muffins for Evan to take in his lunch. I sometimes feel like I have started dialling it in on his lunches. At first they were AWESOME. Now….not so much. He takes peabutter and jelly sandwiches pretty much every day but at least he eats it. I try to sub in leftovers every once in a while especially if it is something he really likes (like tonight’s baked mac & cheese). So tomorrow, he’ll have homemade lunch & a homemade treat. Hopefully he doesn’t get too used to it!
Notes: I really liked how these muffins turned out. They are filling but delicious.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place paper muffin cups in muffin tins for 16 muffins.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add raisins and carrots and mix.
- In a medium bowl, Combine pineapple, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Pour in to dry ingredients and mix until just combined (don't over mix!).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the top of the muffin.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack to complete cooling.