I love making something yummy from healthy ingredients. Who knew that carrots could make such great muffins! Pineapple, carrots and raisins make these muffins moist, delicious and full of flavor. Pineapple and Carrot Muffins with Raisins are perfect for the lunch box!
Notes: I really liked how these muffins turned out. They are filling but delicious.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 14 oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place paper muffin cups in muffin tins for 16 muffins.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add raisins and carrots and mix.
- In a medium bowl, Combine pineapple, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Pour in to dry ingredients and mix until just combined (don't over mix!).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the top of the muffin.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack to complete cooling.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 65mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Protein: 2g