Last week’s delicious Carrot Loaf left me wanting more yummy quick bread loaves on the counter. Couple that with a request for more chocolate chip pumpkin muffins from Evan (which does not use an entire can of pumpkin) and I knew I needed to try a new pumpkin bread recipe. I adore the pumpkin muffin recipe I use but it has a light and fluffy quality that I don’t really look for in a loaf. After a search through the internet and a bit of tweaking, I made this moist, dense and delicious loaf that baked up beautifully. I predict this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread will be a recipe that I will make again and again.
Thick slices will be wrapped for Evan’s lunch and I will enjoy it with a cup of afternoon coffee. The possibilities are endless. Stir in nuts, dried fruits or different chips (butterscotch or white chocolate anyone?). Pecans would be a delicious addition but we can’t send those to school so they are a no go here.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf
- 3/4 cup + 1 TBSP all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 TBSP whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 TBSP pureed pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a large loaf pan by buttering and flouring it.
- In a small bowl, combine flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and pumpkin puree.
- Add sugars, then eggs, then vanilla and water, whisking after each addition.
- Add in dry ingredients and stir together with a rubber spatula. Do not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour in to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Run a knife around the edge and remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire baking rack.
Products you may enjoy: These are affiliate links. By clicking through these links, I will make a small percentage of your purchase without it affecting the cost to you.
Daixers Silicone Bread/Loaf Pan Mold – Non Stick & Non Skid (Red)Autumn Paper Loaf Pan w/Cello Wrap 2 Per PackAnolon Advanced Nonstick Bakeware 2-Piece Loaf Pan SetWilton Easy Flex Silicone Four Cavity Mini Loaf PanQuick Bread Cookbook: 50 Delicious Recipes of Savory Quick Breads, Sweet Quick Breads and Classic Bread Recipes.Grandma’s Best Quick Breads: Grandma’s Best Recipes
Love the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread and looking for more, great quick bread recipes? Check these out!