Weeknight cooking has been my nemesis lately. Between a cold that just won’t quit and stress around the house dealing with school, I have had zero desire to cook anything. Ever. Unfortunately, there are people in my house that insist on being fed. Daily. The nerve! Thankfully Italian Sausage Pasta still keeps them happy and me sane.
For the next bit, expect to see easy and delicious recipes that I can make on a weeknight without wanting to poke out my eyes with a stick.
If you are looking for gourmet recipes with 125 ingredients, well, you will not find that here. I don’t have the bandwidth. If you want easy and yummy recipes…keep reading!
- 340 g box rotini pasta, I used Catelli Ancient Grains
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, core and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 pound Italian sausage, I used mild
- 1 jar pasta sauce, I used President's Choice brand Mushroom
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cream, I used 18% b/c that is what I had
- Grated parmesan cheese.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the onions, peppers and sausage until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Drain any grease present.
- Add pasta sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add baby spinach and stir. Cook until just wilted.
- Add cream and stir.
- Add pasta to the pasta sauce and stir.
- Garnish with parmesan and serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 699 Saturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 1400mg Carbohydrates: 63g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 9g Protein: 24g
We may have a bit of an addiction to Italian Sausage pasta. You will find this delicious combo in many of our favourite recipes. Here are a few examples!