Dump cake sounds a bit weird but the name is a nod to how easy it is to make. You “dump” each of the ingredients into the casserole pan. It’s really THAT easy. This cherry dump cake recipe reminds me of growing up in Alabama. My mom made it often. It can be quite sweet so I like to pair it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Don’t like cherries? You can change up the pie filling in the dump cake as you like. You can also add chopped pecans to the topping. It’s a very forgiving recipe that allows you to change things up and still have dessert on the table in no time flat.
- 1 can crushed pineapple, ~20oz, undrained
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter, 2 sticks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour pineapple in the bottom of a 9X13 inch pan.
- Layer the cherry pie filling onto the pineapple.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top of the cherry pie filling.
- Melt butter and pour over the cake mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Saturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 549mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g
Love Cherry Dump Cake but looking for more great dessert recipes? Check these out!