Disclosure: This recipe for Creamy Cashew Milk Rice Pudding with Cranberries has been sponsored by Silk Canada. As always, all opinions are my own.
The holiday season is the perfect time to get together with family and friends. Whether it is dinner or a party, food is front and center in the holiday season. Thankfully, there are easy ways to keep everyone happy and healthy while serving delicious holiday dishes .
Using Silk Plant Based Beverages in your recipes is an easy way to serve up your family favourites with no lactose and
also make them vegan/vegetarian friendly. It lets families eat together without having to sacrifice their holiday favourites. Change just one or two ingredients and your entire family can enjoy their holiday finner or dessert!
One of my family’s favourite holiday desserts is my Mother-In-Law’s rice pudding. It is quite time consuming to make, but so good. This holiday season, I am re-inventing this holiday recipe using Silk Creamy Cashew Unsweetened Beverage and dried cranberries (raisins more delicious cousin). The final product is a light and delicious dessert filled with cranberries and holiday flavours.
- 3 1/2 cups Silk Creamy Cashew Unsweetened Beverage
- 1 cup white rice
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Mix cashew milk, rice, maple syrup, coconut oil and salt together in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for ~ 20 minutes or until most of the cashew milk is absorbed.
- Stir in vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold in dried cranberries and let sit for 10 minutes.
- If your rice pudding is too thick you can add additional cashew milk until it is the consistency you desire. You can also add additional maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter taste.
- Serve warm.
- When reheating, add a splash of cashew milk to keep the rice pudding creamy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Saturated Fat: 1gSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g