Have I mentioned that I have lost my cooking mojo? Couple that with being sick and tired of the same ‘ol, same ‘ol and it means that we have been eating takeout much more often than is good for our waistlines or our wallet. Today I managed to force myself to pull some Sweet Italian Sausage out of the freezer to thaw even though I had no idea what I would make with it.
I remembered that I had a beet in the cupboard that I should use (then found out that it had gone all yucky and soft). I also had sweet potatoes, onions and carrots. The lovely Fall weather put me in the mood for roasted veggies and Italian Sausage goes with anything.
Next thing I knew the house was smelling amazing and dinner was served. I can’t wait to make it again!
Roasted Root Vegetables and Italian Sausage
- Olive Oil
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 large yellow onion peeled and chopped into 1" pieces
- 2-3 medium thin skinned potatoes chopped into 1" pieces
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped into 1" pieces
- 3 tsp ground thyme
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread a bit of olive oil into the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish. Add veggies and toss with additional olive oil (probably a couple of tablespoons).
- Sprinkle with ground thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place Italian Sausages on top of vegetables.
- Bake uncovered for 30 - 40 minutes until vegetables start to soften. Add broth, stir and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the veggies are fork tender.
- Cool slightly and swerve warm. Enjoy!
What is your favorite meal to make in the Fall?