Deciding what to make for dinner EVERY NIGHT is the bane of my existence. Who knew that your family expects to eat every single night? Yeesh. Thankfully, meals don’t have to be super complex to be tasty. In fact, often you can take a few shortcuts (like using sauce from a jar/bottle) and make a delicious meal in no time flat. A great example is this easy and delicious Satay Chicken Stirfry that starts with bottled satay sauce that you tweak with your own ingredients.
Easy Satay Chicken Stirfry
Scroll down for full, printable recipe.
1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1” pieces
as desired salt and pepper
¼ c satay sauce
1 t garlic, minced
1 t honey
1 T oil
½ onion, cut into sections
2 carrots, sliced
2 celery ribs, sliced
3 tbsp peanuts, chopped
1 – 2 green onions, diced
Cut up the chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Try to make them all the same size.
Same with the veggies. If they are all the same size, they cook more evenly. Have different veggies in the fridge? You can add the ones you like. Bell peppers would work great!
Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
In a bowl, combine the satay sauce, garlic and honey. Mix well
Combine all the vegetables in a fry pan with the oil. Saute on medium high heat until they begin to soften slightly.
Add the chicken. Keep stirring and moving the ingredients around.
When the chicken is cooked through, add the sauce. Mix and continue to saute for 1 – 2 minutes and remove from heat.
Serve with rice and garnish with chopped peanuts and green onions. Enjoy!
See? That’s not so hard and it’s better than take-out. Yum!
Easy Satay Chicken Stirfry
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into 1” pieces
- ¼ c satay sauce
- 1 t garlic minced
- 1 t honey
- salt and pepper as desired
- 1 T oil
- ½ onion cut into sections
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 celery ribs sliced
- 3 tbsp peanuts chopped
- 1-2 green onions diced
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the satay sauce, garlic and honey. Mix well
- Combine all the vegetables in a fry pan with the oil. Saute on medium high heat until they begin to soften slightly.
- Add the chicken. Keep stirring and moving the ingredients around.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the sauce.
- Mix and continue to saute for 1 – 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve with rice and garnish with chopped peanuts and green onions.
Products you might enjoy. By clicking through these links, I will make a small percentage of your purchase without it affecting the cost to you.
J.A. Henckels International Statement 15 piece Knife Set with BlockSimply Calphalon Nonstick 12-Inch All Purpose PanThai Kitchen Gluten Free Peanut Satay Sauce, 8 fl ozHappy Sales HSCH22/S, 5 Pairs Multi Color Design Japanese Bamboo Chopsticks Gift Set, MntAmazonBasics 16-Piece Classic White Dinnerware Set, Square, Service for 4