I can not tell a lie. My sausage, corn and potato chowder is ugly. My picture is too dark after being taken hurriedly before dinner on a dark, winter evening. However, what this chowder lacks in beauty, it makes up in taste. Perfect for a cold winter evening, it is warming and delicious. After an afternoon shovelling snow, it was just what my hungry belly craved.
Warm and comforting soup that your entire family will love.
- 3/4 pound Italian sausage, links removed from casings
- 2 small onions, peeled and chopped
- 8 medium red potatoes, eyes removed and cubed
- 1 L chicken broth, rectangular tetra pak
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Plus
- 1 - 11/2 cups frozen corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, fry Italian sausage and onions until no pink remains and onions are translucent.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, water and garlic plus.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are very tender (about 20 minutes)
- Using a potato masher, mash part of the potatoes to make a chunky soup.
- Add frozen corn.
- Heat until corn is cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Serve with crusty bread, shredded cheese and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 1682mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g