I can not tell a lie. My sausage, corn and potato chowder is ugly. My picture is too dark after being taken hurriedly before dinner on a dark, winter evening. However, what this chowder lacks in beauty, it makes up in taste. Perfect for a cold winter evening, it is warming and delicious. After an afternoon shovelling snow, it was just what my hungry belly craved.
Sausage, Corn and Potato Chowder
- 3/4 pound Italian sausage links removed from casings
- 2 small onions peeled and chopped
- 8 medium red potatoes eyes removed and cubed
- 1 L chicken broth rectangular tetra pak
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Plus
- 1 - 11/2 cups frozen corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, fry Italian sausage and onions until no pink remains and onions are translucent.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, water and garlic plus.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are very tender (about 20 minutes)
- Using a potato masher, mash part of the potatoes to make a chunky soup.
- Add frozen corn.
- Heat until corn is cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Serve with crusty bread, shredded cheese and sour cream.