I was the hit of the campsite when I made these scrumptious raspberry chocolate oat bars to share. Normally I don’t bake while camping but for some reason I decided to throw in my baking supplies for this trip. After a morning at the beach, I wanted something sweet. Hmmm….what to make? Looking around at my limited ingredients and a quick trip around Google led me to adapt a recipe to make these. I’m pretty sure Evan and Dewey will be requesting them again soon.
Scrumptious Raspberry Chocolate Oat Bars ~ Week 6 of 52 Weeks of Cookies and Cocktails
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 X 13 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and quick oats.
- Cut butter into the oat mixture using either a fork or two knives.
- Press 4 cups of the oat mixture in to the prepared pan.
- Top with the raspberry jam and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture and gently press down in to the raspberry jam.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until light brown.
- Let cool before cutting in to squares.
Looking for more great bar cookie recipes? Check these out!