I was the hit of the campsite when I made these scrumptious raspberry chocolate oat bars to share. Normally I don’t bake while camping but for some reason I decided to throw in my baking supplies for this trip. After a morning at the beach, I wanted something sweet. Hmmm….what to make? Looking around at my limited ingredients and a quick trip around Google led me to adapt a recipe to make these. I’m pretty sure Evan and Dewey will be requesting them again soon.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 X 13 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and quick oats.
- Cut butter into the oat mixture using either a fork or two knives.
- Press 4 cups of the oat mixture in to the prepared pan.
- Top with the raspberry jam and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture and gently press down in to the raspberry jam.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until light brown.
- Let cool before cutting in to squares.
While the recipe calls for seedless raspberry jam, I think seeded jam or another flavor would work just as well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 486 Saturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 254mg Carbohydrates: 71g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 39g Protein: 5g
Looking for more great bar cookie recipes? Check these out!