Holiday season is upon us. A time for cooking ALL the food and feeding ALL the people. Huge spreads of food for friends and family are rarely the perfect size for that one meal. That means you have TONS of leftovers. I love a good turkey sandwich but there are only so many that you can eat before you are tired of turkey sandwiches. This year, make this Slow Cooker Turkey Noodle Soup instead. It will use up your leftovers and you will have a light and delicious dinner that won’t feel like you are eating leftovers again.
This recipe includes the approximate measurements of the ingredients. It is intended to use what you have in your fridge. Feel free to add frozen vegetables if you don’t have fresh, but do not used canned if possible. Your Crock pot turkey noodle soup will be the better for it!
If you have the different spices in your pantry, use some of them to further season your soup. Spices such as :
Dried Dill – 1 – 2 tsp
Dried Italian Seasoning – ½ – 1 tsp
Dried chili flakes – pinch – ¼ tsp if you prefer mild spicy
Dried parsley – 1 – 2 tsp
Simple Crock Pot Turkey Noodle Soup
Make this simple slow cooker Turkey Noodle Soup this holiday season. It is a light and easy way to use up leftovers!
- 2 - 4 cups turkey meat cooked, shredded
- 8 - 10 cups chicken stock
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 8 oz egg noodles dry
- salt as desired but add at the end of cooking
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker bowl, except the pasta
- Cook on high for 2 – 3 hours or low for 5 – 6 hours until the vegetables are tender
- 30 minutes before the end of cooking time, boil the pasta according to the package directions
- Add the cooked pasta to the soup and let finish cooking for the remaining time.
- Remove the bay leaf. Taste the soup and add salt if needed.
- Spoon into bowls and serve. Garnish with crusty buns or slices of buttered bread.
Looking for more delicious soups to try? Check out these recipes!
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup Recipe
Beef Noodle Vegetable Soup
Kid Friendly Mini Meatball Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
And Great Breads to go with Soups