Oh dinner…trying to find what to cook based on what I have on hand that might be met with thumbs up from the family. In all honesty, I have stopped even counting Evan’s opinion because he hates everything other than pizza. I am still trying for Dewey, though, since I think he would notice if I stopped serving anything other than grilled cheeses (though, honestly, grilled cheese sandwiches are YUMMY). Today I dug through the freezer and found chicken thighs or boneless pork chops. Pork chops it is! After a girls weekend I have a lot of apples hanging around so I went off to Pinterest to look for a pork chop and apple recipe. Thankfully I found a recipe that was as delicious as it was easy. I think this will make it back on to the rotation soon.
Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Mustard Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Sear pork chops for 3 - 5 minutes per side until brown. Remove from skillet.
- Add apples and onions to the skillet. Stir and cook until browned. Remove from skillet.
- Add chicken broth and scrape bottom of skillet to remove any browned its.
- Whisk together half and half and mustard. Add to skillet and whisk until it starts to bubble. turn off heat, add bourbon and stir.
- Add pork chops to skillet and turn to cover with sauce.
- Pour apple/onion mixture on top of pork chops. Place in oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with white rice and salad for a delicious dinner.
Evan said that the chicken was pretty tasty…even though I told him it was pork at least 5 times. Oh well, it works for me.