Crock Pot Pork Goulash is a great fall and winter recipe. Throw everything in the crock pot and dinner is done in no time!
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 parsnips, peeled & cut into 1/2" coins
- 2 large carrots, peeled & cut into 1/2" coins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp sweet paprika, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed & cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place pork, parsnips, carrots & onion in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp paprika. Stir to coat. Pour in broth. Cover & cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 4 1/2 hours.
- Add green beans & cook for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, blend remaining 2 Tbsp paprika, sour cream, cornstarch, salt & pepper. Stir into slow cooker bowl until thickened.
This was one of "those recipes". You know the one where you change almost EVERYTHING. Yep, one of those. I used pork chops cut up instead of a roast b/c that's what I had in the freezer. I've never had parsnips & Dewey won't touch them with a 10 foot pole, so I subbed 1 large sweet potato and 2 small white potatoes for that. I couldn't be bothered to cut up the green beans so I just threw them in. I also cooked it much longer than called for. In the end, the sweet potatoes turned into mush which was okay b/c then Dewey didn't really realize they were there (he hates them) & the green beans didn't get done. I fished the green beans out & microwaved them so it turned out okay. I found that I needed to add salt to the final product.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 67mg Sodium: 440mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 5g Protein: 24g
Love using your slow cooker? You need to try my CrockPot Chicken and Dumplings and my Apple BBQ Crock Pot Chicken. They are easy, delicious and cook while you are at work or school. Perfect for busy school nights.