I served this on two different days:
- Day 1 was roast beef, mashed potatoes and caesar salad (make extra mashed potatoes and keep all the liquid from the roast beef).
- Day 2, I carved the roast beef into slices & heated it in the juice from the crockpot on the stove and served it with Yorkshire Puddings and brocolli.
Both days got big thumbs up from Dewey. This will definitely be added to the rotation.
- 1 pound brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, cut in half & then sliced
- 1.25 kg roast, I used a Cross Rib Pot Roast
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, I used Knorr
- 1 can beer
- Put sliced mushrooms in the bottom of the crockpot. Add onions. Set roast on top of mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Pour can of beer over everything.
- Set Crockpot to low and cook all day (I cooked mine about 9 hours).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 2355mgCarbohydrates: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 35g
Looking for more great Crock Pot recipes? Check these out!