I served this on two different days:
- Day 1 was roast beef, mashed potatoes and caesar salad (make extra mashed potatoes and keep all the liquid from the roast beef).
- Day 2, I carved the roast beef into slices & heated it in the juice from the crockpot on the stove and served it with Yorkshire Puddings and brocolli.
Both days got big thumbs up from Dewey. This will definitely be added to the rotation.
An easy and delcious recipe for delicious roast beef in your Crock Pot.
- 1 pound brown mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion cut in half & then sliced
- 1.25 kg roast I used a Cross Rib Pot Roast
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix I used Knorr
- 1 can beer
- Put sliced mushrooms in the bottom of the crockpot. Add onions. Set roast on top of mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Pour can of beer over everything.
- Set Crockpot to low and cook all day (I cooked mine about 9 hours).
Right Out of the Oven
Yorkshire Puddings are THE side dish to go with roast beef. Make sure and make lots of gravy!
- Bring eggs to room temp before making the recipe. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Beat ingredients together in a bowl. Beat well. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp of canola oil in 9 cups of a 12 cup muffin tin for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Remove muffin tin from oven and immediately fill the 9 muffin cups almost to the top with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Watch closely. Let them brown on top but not burn. They will rise like crazy and then fall once out of the oven.
Looking for more great Crock Pot recipes? Check these out!