Beef on a Bun is a very Alberta meal. It is the go to staple at cook outs and Stampede Parties throughout the summer. Usually beef on a bun is sliced but I love the ease of shredded beef. It stays moister and is easier to stretch for a big crowd.
Since you make this in the shredded beef in the Crock Pot, it is the perfect make ahead meal for a big cookout or party. Having a TON of people? Use a few slow cookers and you’ll have enough to feed an army.
It is truly one of the easiest things you can do for a summer party. Forget spending your entire evening in the kitchen! Just make a few things ahead and enjoy your summer. It’s supposed to be fun for you too!
Slow Cooker Shredded BBQ Beef Recipe
- Place beef roast into slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, sugar, mustard, Worchestershire, sriracha and garlic plus.
- Pour mixture over roast.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 7-9 hours on low or 5-6 hours on high.
- About an hour before you want it to be done, remove roast, trim off any fat and discard it, and shred with forks.
- Return meat to the sauce and cook approximately 1 more hour.
- Serve on buns.
Looking for more great recipes like this BBQ Shredded Beef that feed a crowd? Check out these!