Beef on a Bun is a very Alberta meal. It is the go-to staple at cookouts and Stampede Parties throughout the summer. Usually, beef on a bun is sliced but I love the ease of Crock-Pot shredded beef. The shredded beef stays moist and it is easier to stretch for a big crowd. Plus when it is in the Crock-Pot, it’s no big deal if you eat a bit later than expected (which ALWAYS happens at our house).
Since you make this in the Crock Pot, it is the perfect make-ahead meal for a big cookout or party. Having a TON of people? Use a few slow cookers and you’ll have enough to feed an army.
Easy Summer Entertaining Menu
Grab buns and make a few delicious side dishes like baked mac and cheese, coleslaw and broccoli salad. For dessert, you can’t go wrong with my Banana Pudding for a crowd, no-bake strawberry cream pie or Coca Cola cake.
Let Your Crock-Pot Make Entertaining Easier!
It is truly one of the easiest things you can do for a summer party. Forget spending your entire evening in the kitchen! Just make a big batch of bbq Crock-Pot Shredded Beef and a few make-ahead salads and desserts and enjoy your summer party. It’s supposed to be fun for you too!
BBQ Crock-Pot Shredded Beef Printable Recipe
BBQ Crock-Pot Shredded Beef
- Place beef roast into slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire, sriracha and garlic plus.
- Pour mixture over roast.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 7-9 hours on low or 5-6 hours on high.
- About an hour before you want it to be done, remove roast, trim off any fat and discard it, and shred with forks.
- Return meat to the sauce and cook approximately 1 more hour.
- Serve on buns.