I considered popping by Starbucks but that would mean $10 out of pocket between my coffee and my new favorite Toffeedoodle cookie. Instead, I decided to go home and make myself a latte and snack. A quick turn about the internet made me decide to give Snickerdoodle Loaf a try. It’s not a toffeedoodle cookie but it would have to do.
Winter weather leaves me craving a warm beverage every minute of every day. There are few moments you won’t find me with a cup of coffee or tea cupped in my chilly fingers. Often, a cuppa is enough of a treat but sometimes, you want something to nibble while you sip.
A quick look in the pantry revealed that I had all the ingredients on hand and 45 minutes later, I had a slice of deliciousness to enjoy with my latte. Perfect.
Snickerdoodle Loaf - Perfect for Coffee or Tea Time
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 inch X 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and tsp cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time. Then add vanilla and sour cream and mix.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and remaining cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan and then turn out onto a cooling rack to continue cooling.
Looking for more tea time treats? Here are a few afternoon treat recipes just for you!