We love appetizers at our house. When I told the kids that I was making an appetizer spread for Christmas Eve, they were very excited. I made a few of my standard favorites like Buffalo Chicken Dip and a few frozen appetizer options from M&M but what I really wanted was an awesome spinach dip. Spinach dip is one of my favorites especially when it is paired with a loaf of sourdough bread. YUM.
I have to tell you, this recipe is a winner. I made a few minor changes and I am not left thinking “I would change this next time.” Nope, it is perfect just how it is.
Every time we have a party, someone says “who is bringing the spinach dip?” It is the “must have” of every party or get together. Now you can be the spinach dip person who everyone cheers when they arrive. You know you want to be the spinach dip person, don’t you? Just know that you may never be able to bring anything else ever again. It’s worth the risk, though, it’s just that good.
Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
- 1 cup mayo
- 500 ml sour cream
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped (or about 3/4 of a 500 gram bag of frozen spinach)
- 1 loaf sour dough bread, with top cut off and hollowed out, keep the bread for dipping!
- Mix ingredients together at least a few hours before serving. Keep refrigerated and serve in the hollowed out bowl with crackers and bread for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Saturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 746mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Love appetizers? Check out these other amazing noshes!