As time goes by, I spend less and less time cooking. I’m sure things will change for me when we stop traveling but until then….quick is best. An easy dinner that everyone enjoys is CrockPot Meatballs. Meatballs are a family favourite but we’ve gotten a bit tired of my tried and true recipes so I decided to change it up a bit.
Using frozen meatballs makes this a super fast recipe (though you could totally use this meatball recipe if you prefer and use the spicy cherry sauce). Plus the spicy cherry sauce is simple and definitely kicks it up a notch. It’s a nice change from the Honey Garlic Meatballs and BBQ Meatballs I usually make.
You can serve this over rice or as an appetizer. I promise that everyone will love it. Also, just decrease the amount of chili flakes if you want to make it less spicy. Sweet heat is where it is at…am I right? Now my mouth is watering!
Looking to have dinner done in a flash? Make these easy and delicious Spicy Cherry CrockPot Meatballs.
- 1 lb Frozen meatballs
- 1 cup Cherry preserves preferably with real fruit bits included
- ½ tsp Dried Chili Flakes more or less, as desired
- 2 tsp Red wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper as desired
- Line the slow cooker bowl with parchment paper
- Place the frozen meatballs into the slow cooker bowl
- In a bowl, blend together the cherry preserves, dried chili flakes, vinegar, salt and pepper
- Mix together. Cover and cook on low for approx.. 4 hours or 2 – 3 hours on high.
- When serving, serve on top of rice OR, use this recipe to make the meatballs into appetizers. Simply stick a toothpick into each toothpick and place on a plate.
Don’t forget to pin this delicious recipe for Spicy Cherry CrockPot Meatballs for later!
Love making dinner in your CrockPot? Here are some Slow Cooker recipes that you MUST try!