Sometimes I forget how much fun holidays can be when you’re a kid. I suck at making sure we do fun things….like making green food. Though some of the super food color-ific foods make me cringe….enter spinach muffins! Tonight I wanted to make these muffins with Evan for St. Patrick’s Day but he was having none of that. He would MUCH rather play Angry Birds. Oh well, I made them any way and Evan loved them. We’ll see how Dewey likes them. I think he is starting to wonder where else I might try to hide spinach…remember our green smoothies?
Leprechaun Muffins with Blueberries (colored with spinach)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Puree applesauce, egg, spinach, vanilla, sugar and oil in a blender.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Add puree to the flour mixture and stir until just mixed.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Grease a muffin tin. This recipe either makes 24 mini muffins or about 9 large muffins. Bake for 12 mins for mini muffins or 17 mins for big muffins (depends on your stove).
Recipe Note: You can taste the spinach a bit when they are warm. Once they cool…no spinach taste.
Love Spinach Muffins? Well, you’ll want to try these great muffin recipes too!