Growing up, Easter was always one of my favorite holidays. A new dress, new shoes (which were a big deal growing up because it didn’t happen that often), an Easter basket and an egg hunt at my grandparents’ house with my cousins. Definitely the stuff good childhood memories are made of!
This year, we decided to do something a bit different for Easter. Usually we go to Nana’s house with the big kids. Well, Will & Nicole are with their mom this year so Dewey, Evan and I are going to Delta Kananaskis Lodge for their Easter celebration. There will be GPC egg hunts, Easter crafts, story time with the Easter bunny & a giant Easter egg hunt on Sunday. Evan is STOKED.
However, being away leaves less time for making Easter treats. This week has been very busy so I haven’t made a single cookie or candy. Tonight, I decided that I had to do SOMETHING! After perusing recipes for Easter treats, I decided to meld 2 or three together to make a crunchy, sweet snack we can munch on in the car on the way to the hotel. It will also make the perfect snack to have on hand when Evan is hungry but I don’t want to have to go buy something for him.
Sunny Bunny Snack Mix Recipe. Perfect for Easter!
- 3 1/2 cups Mulit-grain Cheerios
- 1 1/2 cups Golden Grahams
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup pastel colored chocolate candies we used Peanut M&Ms
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Mix cereals and sunflower kernels in a large microwaveable bowl & set aside.
- Mix butter and honey in a small microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 30 - 45 seconds until butter is melted and mixture comes to a full boil.
- Pour over cereal mixture.
- Stir until completely combined & coated.
- Microwave cereal mixture for 2 - 3 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on waxed paper or foil.
- Combine cooled cereal mixture with raisins and chocolate candies in a large bowl.
- Store in an airtight container.
I hope you like the recipe & I hope you have a wonderful Easter!
“Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”