Disclosure: This recipe for Sweet and Savoury Holiday Spaghetti Squash has been sponsored by Silk Canada. As always, all opinions are my own.
Holiday favourites are wonderful but sometimes I like to shake things up a bit. This year I am making all our favourites like sweet potato casserole and mac & cheese but I’m branching out a bit too so that there is something for everyone at the dinner table. This holiday season, I’m trying to make a few more dishes that are delicious AND fit with any lifestyle.
One of my new favourites is Sweet and Savoury Holiday Spaghetti Squash. It’s the goodness of spaghetti squash enveloped in a warm curry sauce that is both sweet and savoury. I love this recipe because it goes well with just about anything and it is just as tasty the next day. I love holiday leftovers, don’t you?
Plus, this recipe is lactose-free and vegan-friendly because I used Silk Creamy Cashew Unsweetened Original Beverage! It’s easier than you think to make delicious dishes that everyone can enjoy for the holidays. It tastes great and isn’t too heavy, so it’s a win/win for everyone and Silk Plant Based Beverages make it easy.
- 1/2 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Silk Creamy Cashew Unsweetened Beverage
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Microwave the spaghetti squash halves for 7 minutes. You will know it is done when it is soft and the flesh starts to string. If not done, keep microwaving in two minute increments until it is.
- Using a fork, remove spaghetti squash strings and put them in a microwavable bowl.
- Add maple syrup, cashew beverage, curry powder, cinnamon and coconut oil and mix well.
- Microwave for 3 minutes or until warmed.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61 Saturated Fat: 3g Sodium: 14mg Carbohydrates: 4g Sugar: 4g