I made this salad for everyone at my Valentine’s Day baby party. It was a big hit with the moms.
Szechuan Chicken Salad
adapted from recipe by Rachel Ray
- 3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped (or about 1 tsp jarred minced garlic)
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame, defrosted
- 1/2 head napa or Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, halved lengthwise, then sliced thinly on an angle
- 1/4 lb shitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cooked chicken breasts thinly sliced (rotisserie chicken works well too)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds
Combine dressing ingredients & set aside.
Toss salad ingredients. Toss with dressing right before you serve. This salad DOES NOT save well so if you aren’t going to eat it all, I advise just dressing the part you will eat.
Recipe Notes: Love this salad! As Rachel Ray says “Yum-O”!
Don’t forget to check out what else is cooking this Wednesday over at Shan’s!