Taco in a Bag is something I had never heard of until I moved to Canada. Here it is a must for camping and hockey arenas. You’ll be amazed at how easy, delicious and filling this super simple meal is. Our school even makes them for a hot lunch fundraiser!
Taco In a Bag Basics
- Single serve bags of either Doritos or Frito corn chips
- Taco meat or chili (we used this chili recipe)
- Taco Toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomato, shredded cheese, salsa, hot sauce, sour cream, etc
Open the chip bag at the top. Fold down the top of the single serve chip bag. Crunch the chips up a bit (makes them easier to get on your fork). Add a spoonful of chili or taco meat (but not too much). Add your toppings and mix it around a bit. YUM!
Recipe Notes: Don’t put too much meat/chili. If this is all you are eating, you should probably have 2 per person. Next time you make chili, make extra & freeze it so that you have extra for taco in a bag. Then you can throw it in your camping cooler and it will thaw in time for you to heat it up easily.
These are perfect for camping or just lunch around the house. Just make your chili ahead of time and it is easy peasy to microwave it (or heat it in a pot when camping) when you need to make your Tacos in a bag. So easy, yet such a hit.
Taco in a Bag for a Crowd
If you want to make Taco in a Bag for a big crowd, heat your chili or taco meat in a slow cooker. Purchase individual Doritos bags from Costco and set out big bowls of toppings. It’s a great way to feed a big crowd easily and inexpensively. Perfect for a party!
Taco in a Bag
- 1 bag doritos individual size
- 1/2 cup chili or taco meat
- 1/2 cup lettuce
- 2 tbsp diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- Open Doritos bag and crunch up the chips a bit.
- Add chili and toppings. Grab a fork and enjoy.