I admit it. I don’t love living in Alberta in the winter.
A few reasons:
- It’s freaking cold.
- Sometimes the inside of your nose freezes just because you breathe in.
- You need to buy stock in lip balm so that you can leave them all around your home and car. Lip balm emergencies are real when you live in a cold climate!
- See also…dry skin and lotion. When I lived in Alabama, I never used an entire bottle of lotion. I didn’t think it was actually possible. Yep. It is.
- My toes never thaw.
- My dog hates to pee on the snow….see also, why my bath mat smells.
- All fruits and vegetables either come from a green house or a land far, far away. They don’t really taste like much.
- No jumping in your car and leaving. Nope. Leave time for scraping, brushing, etc before you can go anywhere.
- Snowpants. They are OF. THE. DEVIL.
Every time I say that, though, Dewey reminds me that I really, really like winter fashions. I must admit, sweaters, toques/hats and Uggs are kind of my jam. They are much more forgiving that shorts and bathing suits!
Here are a few of the upsides of winter (in my opinion):
- Cute parkas!
- Wearing cozy sweater tunics makes total sense.
- Leggings, sweaters and scarves are never inappropriate due to temperature concerns.
- Hot cocoa or coffee with Baileys.
- Crackling fires in the fireplace.
- Cute doggie sweaters for Cooper.
- You can buy so many lovely smelling lotions that you will actually USE.
- Really, really, really enjoying any getaway that you go on to a warmer clime during the winter.
- Fuzzy blankets on the couch with a great book.
- Snow is really, really pretty.