Who knew that turnips could be delicious? Turnip Puff is the only turnip recipe you will ever need. Even turnip haters love it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a medium size casserole dish.
- Boil turnip in a medium saucepan until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Add butter and egg and mix well.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Mix into the turnip mixture.
- Pour turnip mixture into buttered casserole dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and melted butter. Spread evenly over turnip mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until light brown on top.
Looking for more delicious recipes to try at your next holiday meal? Check these out!