Turnip Puff – A Delicious Turnip Recipe
- 6 cups cubed turnips, or rutabaga
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a medium size casserole dish.
- Boil turnip in a medium saucepan until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Add butter and egg and mix well.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Mix into the turnip mixture.
- Pour turnip mixture into buttered casserole dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and melted butter. Spread evenly over turnip mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until light brown on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 400mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 3g
Looking for more delicious holiday side dishes? Check these out!
And after your big meal, use those turkey leftovers in these delicious soups!