I love COBS Bread….I know what you’re thinking…”they’re making you say that”…..um…NO. Ever since I tried their white chocolate ginger buns over Christmas…it was love at first bite. YUM!
Today I bought one of their baguette so that I could make up a few new crostini recipes. I was a bit worried that they would flop but they didn’t. I am so excited to have 2 new recipes that would be perfect for camping season or our next dinner party. I am posting one recipe here & I’ll post the other another day as WordPress doesn’t want me to post both. You can find out more about COBS on their Facebook page.
First off…how to make a crostini:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thinly slice a baguette on an angle.
- Brush both sides with olive oil.
- Bake until the crostini are crispy throughout…about 15 minutes.
Tuscan Mushroom Crostini
- 200 gram crimini mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp red wine just a glug each
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp 10% cream
- Chopped green onion tops
- Coarsely chop mushrooms.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Press the garlic cloves with a garlic press.
- Cook about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and red wine.
- Cook until mushrooms start to soften. Add butter.
- Cook another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream and continue to cook until thickened and starting to brown.
- Scoop onto crostini and garnish with chopped green onions.
Disclosure: I was given a gift card by COBS bakery.
What is your favorite crostini topping recipe?