Homemade vegetable soup is a favorite of Dewey’s. I serve it with cornbread. This recipe is infinitely flexible based on what you like/have. This just happens to be what I used in it tonight.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 litre Reduced Sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can Romano beans, drained (I also use Mixed beans sometimes)
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup whole kernal frozen corn
- Heat oil in large soup pot.
- Add onions and cook until onions are soft...about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots & cook another minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes & beans. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally.
- Add corn about 10 minutes before you serve. Yum!!!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Sodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g