Chilly winter weekends are the perfect time to get out and enjoy the snow. Once you are back indoors, though, it’s time for a sweet treat. Fire up the kettle for some tea and hot cocoa and stir together these easy and delicious Red Cinnamon Belgian Waffle Cookies. Instead of making batch after batch in your oven, these are made in your waffle iron. They are best served hot off the waffle iron so they make the perfect apres-tobaggoning treat.
Warm and cinnamony cookies, hot cocoa in the warm kitchen after a frosty day outdoors? Sound like bliss to me!
If you are like me and think waffle cookies sound a bit strange (they were definitely new to me), head over to Pinterest.They have a whole waffle cookie section! Whoa. So many great ideas. I do like the nice simplicity of this recipe for a fun treat on a chilly day!
Evan doesn’t have a sweet tooth, I think he has a cookie tooth and a candy tooth and a separate everything else sweet tooth. Telling him I am making cookies is always met with cheers. Unfortunately, I don’t often want to commit to the time to make them. Thankfully, this is a bit of a compromise. Cookies for him and easy for me. A win/win for sure.
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 20 Drops Red Food Coloring
- Pinch of Salt
- Powdered Sugar, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add one drop of black food coloring if you would like a deeper red color.
- Heat your waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray.
- In the middle of the waffle iron where all four portions meet, drop a large spoon full (about 3 tablespoons) of the batter and close the lid. Your iron may tell you it’s finished but give it about 20 seconds longer to cook after that.
- Remove cookies from waffle iron gently with a knife. (I used my fingers and it seemed to be easier.)
- Dust with powdered sugar or cinnamon and sugar if desired! Serve immediately for best taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 97 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 47mg Carbohydrates: 11g Sugar: 5g Protein: 1g
Don’t forget to pin it for later or share on FB to save it to you wall!
Love cookies? Make sure and try these great cookie recipes!