Disclosure: This post about with tips for whiter teeth is brought to you by Church & Dwight. They compensate me for bringing you great content that you can use as well as introducing you to new products. As always, all opinions are my own.
Did you know that April is National Oral Health Care month? Me neither! Brushing teeth is a fight in my house. I always seem to be yelling “BRUSH YOUR TEETH. NO, YOU CAN’T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!” every single day. Why is it so hard? I just want everyone to have healthy, whiter teeth. Is that so crazy?
National Oral Health Care month acts as an annual reminder that it’s important to pay special attention to our teeth and overall oral hygiene. It’s not glamorous but mouth health can have a tremendous impact on overall health. We’re talking gum disease, which left untreated can lead to the loss of teeth… and that affects everything! Do I need to go on?
Tips for a brighter, whiter smile (and a healthy one too)!
For the kids
Those little munchkins look at mom and dad as role models for everything…good or bad. Make sure you lead by example and talk to them about the importance of taking care of their teeth and gums (and show them that you take care of yours too).
- Use a timer or sing a song to ensure that the kiddles are brushing for as long as they should. Visit Google for a few ideas on teeth brushing songs.
- A sticker chart that keeps track of their brushing habits is a great way to give them an incentive to brush.
- Introduce a toothpaste and brush that features one of your kids favourite characters – such as the Orajel™ Spiderman™ and My Little Pony™ Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste and the Kids Spinbrush™ My Little Pony™ Battery Toothbrush. It keeps things exciting while practicing healthy habits! Evan loves his Spiderman toothbrush!
Good oral health isn’t just for kids! Make sure you’re brushing and flossing at least twice a day to achieve optimal oral health.
- The Canadian Dental Association recommends replacing your toothbrush or toothbrush head every three months or sooner if it becomes worn.
- Use a battery-powered toothbrush with sonic pulsating action. For example, the new Arm & Hammer™ Sonic Pulse Battery Toothbrush is clinically proven to remove 2X more plaque versus a manual toothbrush. This toothbrush has a slim, ergonomic handle, and comes with a replaceable head and battery!
- If you can’t resist desserts and candy, pay attention! Foods that contains a lot of sugar can stain your teeth and soften tooth enamel. You can also try a toothpaste specifically made for healthy enamel like Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh™ Toothpaste.
This month make it your goal to wear a smile you’re proud of. How are you practicing good oral health habits?