I’ve been following the 21 Day Fix for 22 days now. I guess it’s become the 21 + Day Fix for me. I started to lose some weight and get in better shape. I haven’t lost a ton of weight but my body is definitely changing. I’ve also given up added sugars. Yep, you read that right. NO SUGAR. I haven’t added sugar to anything in 21 days. It’s like I don’t even KNOW me. Plus, the nutrition plan is pretty easy to follow and I don’t miss what I’ve given up. Instead, I’ve come to appreciate things that are good for my body AND taste good…..like my 21 Day Fix oatmeal that I eat every morning. Check out this great 21 Day Fix recipe! I know you’ll love it.
While peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were a childhood fave of mine, I don’t eat them much any more. I think this oatmeal tastes JUST like it even though it uses cherries instead of grapes. I think it works because cherries are sweet which gives the “jelly” taste. Whatever makes it work…works. Give it a try to kick your morning off in a healthy and delicious way. YUM!
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries (unsweetened)
1/4 cup oats
1/2 Tbsp (1 1/2 tsps) PB2 (you can also use peanut butter but this will change your 21DFX container counts)
~ 1/2 cup boiling water
These are my FAVOURITE fruit. So yummy and sweet with no additional sugar. Pop your 1 cup of frozen cherries in the microwave and cook until they are completely thawed. There will be liquid in the bottom. That is a-okay.
Add your oats and PB 2. Add boiling water. I put 1/2 cup but it really depends on how juicy your cherries are. I add water and stir until it is just covered and juicy. Pop the bowl back into the microwave for ~ 1 minute. This makes everything come together and makes sure the oats are done. Stir and enjoy!
On the 21 Day Fix? I have a great 21 Day Fix recipe for you! It tastes JUST like peanut butter and jelly. Peanut Butter & Jelly Oatmeal!
- 1 cup Frozen Dark Sweet Cherries
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 tsp PB 2 (or peanut butter if you prefer...but that will change your 21 DFX counts)
- ~1/2 cup boiling water
- Choose your favorite microwave safe bowl.
- Add frozen cherries to the bowl and pop in the microwave and cook until they are completely thawed. There will be liquid in the bottom. That is a-okay.
- Add oats, PB2 and boiling water. I put 1/2 cup but it really depends on how juicy your cherries are. I add water and stir until it is just covered and juicy.
- Pop the bowl back into the microwave for ~ 1 minute. This makes everything come together and makes sure the oats are done.
- Stir and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Sodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 purple, 1 Yellow