Friday nights at our house are always crazy. Friday nights when my step kids are over are even crazier. There are two more mouths to feed and even after all these years, I’m never sure if they will eat what I fix. Wait….I should clarify…..they will always eat it but I can tell if they don’t really like it. I’m always on the lookout for easy, quick, family friendly dishes that they will like. Thumbs up were shown all around for this recipe. Definitely in our new rotation.
Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- 1 1/4 pound ground chuck or ground beef
- 14 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 1/2 cup lite sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Boil a large pot of water. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef. Drain off fat. Add tomato sauce, salt & fresh ground pepper. Simmer while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare egg noodles to al dente per package directions. Drain noodles. Toss noodles with sour cream, cottage cheese and green onions. Add freshly ground pepper. Mix well.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Add half of the noodles, layer half of the meat mixture on top & then sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with salad & crusty bread.
Recipe Notes: This is a great family friendly casserole.