Evan has recently developed a love for donuts. Every day he says “I want donuts”. As you might imagine, we don’t eat donuts that often so I’ve heard this every day for a WHILE. This morning, I decided to give in and make him some stinking donuts. Then I opened the fridge and NO EGGS. Doh. A quick google and I found this delightful recipe for Donut Muffins. It doesn’t need eggs or frying. Win – Win! Everyone loved the little sugar bombs so I see myself making them again soon.
Easy Donut Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 24 count mini muffin pan.
- Mix melted butter, sugar and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add milk and mix thoroughly.
- Add baking powder and flour and mix until just combined.
- Fill mini muffin cups 1/2 full.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until done on outside & through the middle.
- While baking, melt butter for coating in a small bowl.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in another bowl for coating.
- Dip baked muffins into melted butter and then toss in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve & enjoy!
Want muffins instead? Here are a few delicious muffin recipes!