Tis the season for cookie exchanges, pot luck get togethers and Christmas parties. While you don’t want to show up empty handed, hectic holiday days are not the time to spend hours on something to take. I love to have a few go-to recipes that are delicious and super easy. I ran across this recipe on Pinterest and thought I would try it. It turned out beautifully and everyone loved them. I will be making them lots this holiday season I can already tell!
A no-bake retro favourite!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Prep an 8X8 pan by lining with aluminum foil and spraying with cooking spray.
- Heat sugar and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until sugar melts.
- Add peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add crushed corn flakes.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Microwave chocolate chips until just melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour on top of peanut butter base and spread evenly.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Cut into small squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Saturated Fat: 4gSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g