Valentine’s Day is on its way. Check out these cute Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with candy hearts. Pink, delicious and easy enough for kids to help with too. Win, win, win. The perfect Valentine’s Day Cookies, don’t you think?
Who knew that you could take a run of the mill cake mix and turn them into yummy cookies? It just takes two eggs, half a cup of oil and a couple of tablespoons of flour to turn any cake mix into cookies. Plus it makes a small-ish batch so it’s perfect when you want a sweet treat but not 3 dozen sweet treats.
Make a batch or two for class parties, teacher’s gifts or for enjoying at home.
Did you know that Valentine’s Day is a very old holiday? It was first celebrated in 496! Today it is mostly just a day to exchange cards, flowers and chocolate. I’m all for that, though, because I love all three.
It’s also a great time to remind kids how rewarding it can be to do things for others. Get them involved with our “You Rock” Printable DIY Valentines, Super Easy (and Cute) DIY Valentine’s Day Card and Keepsake Valentine Garland Tuturial. They are fun, crafty and loved by all who receive them.
Valentine’s Day Cookies: Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Candy Hearts
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Candy Hearts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- Combine the strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and flour.
- Add in the Valentine sprinkles.
- Use a small cookie scoop to roll the cookie dough into 2" balls and place on the baking sheet 2-3" apart.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool a few minutes and gently press one candy heart on top of the top of each cookie.
Looking for some easy gift ideas to send to kids you love? Here are a few that caught my eye!
Isn’t this LEGO Valentine Dog cute? Perfect for LEGO lovers young and old.
Books are the perfect gift for every occasion and everyone loves Elmo’s My Fuzzy Valentine.
Nothing says Valentine’s Day like a dino shirt!