Disclosure: This recipe for Black Bean, Corn and Lime Vegetarian Nachos was made as part of a campaign with Tostitos® and Chatelaine Tasters and Testers.
Summer is finally here! Our family has begun the weekly trek to our cottage on the weekends. We love spending time in the sun enjoying nature, boating and each other. Weekends at the lake are not the time to spend hours on food preparation. Instead we like to invite neighbours over for a barbecue or for a dinner of appetizers.
One of my favorite things to have on hand is a bag of tortilla chips. They are perfect with salsa or queso dip and everyone loves them.
Tostitos Cantina® Extra Thick Tortilla Chips are perfect for nachos. When I saw the thick and crispy chips that is all I could think of. Followed quickly by, “Why don’t I make nachos more often?”
I decided to lighten up the usual nacho recipe by making them vegetarian nachos. Then I headed to the pantry to pull out ingredients that I always have on hand. Black beans? Check! Nibblet corn? Check! Add in a lime, fresh tomato and cheese and YUM.
My six year old ate his serving of nachos and asked for more. The next day, I warmed up leftovers and they were gone in a flash.
- 1/2 bag Tostitos Cantina® Extra Thick Tortilla Chips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 19 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 11 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, we used sharp cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until starting to brown. Add black beans and corn to the skillet. Press part of the black beans with the back of your spoon as you cook them for 3-5 minutes. Add the juice of one lime to the pan.
- In a baking dish, layer half of the Tostitos® Tortilla Chips. Add half of the black bean and corn mixture, half of the diced tomato and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with Tostitos® salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 473mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 2g Protein: 11g