Summer is here and it is time for all things camping and grilling! It has been blazing hot in Calgary so I am looking for any way to keep from heating up the kitchen. Our barbecue grill is our default for dinner but what about breakfast? I have a recipe for you! Check out these Grilled Easy French Toast Skewers! They are easy, delicious and would be perfect to take on your next camping trip!
First gather your ingredients.
Your favorite Burnbrae Farms eggs of course, skewers, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and bread. I used leftover hot dog buns. The staler the better (perfect for the tail end of your camping trip!). Cut your hotdog buns into 1 inch cubes.
Your going to soak those cubes in your egg mixture, thread them on the skewers and cook them on a grill brushed with oil.
Cook until golden brown and serve. Your kids will LOVE the sweet treat for breakfast and you’ll like that it is easy peasy and made with the goodness of eggs. Win/win!
Remember that Burnbrae Farms has a host of products available to meet the needs of every customer. My fave? Naturegg Omega 3. What is yours? Keep your eyes out for Burnbrae Farms new packaging featuring Gregg the Egg!
Grilled French Toast Skewers Recipe
- 5 cups 1" crusty bread cubes, I used 6 hot dog buns preferably stale and dry
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- skewers, either metal or bamboo that have been soaked in water
- Syrup, powdered sugar (icing sugar) or fruit to top skewers
- Preheat your barbecue grill or campfire grate to around 250 - 300 degrees.
- Brush grill with vegetable oil.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Take ~ 1/4 of the bread cubes and place them in the egg mixture stirring to coat.
- Thread on the skewers and place aside. Continue until all skewers are made.
- Place skewers on prepared grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve with syrup and fruit or powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Disclosure: I am participating in the Burnbrae Farms campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Looking for more great breakfast recipes? Check these out!