Evan loves watching Artzooka on CBC Kids. His favorite part is the movies starring paper bag. He also loves watching all the different easy kid’s crafts that Jeremie (the host) makes. Yesterday he made window clings and Evan thought that was the coolest craft ever. So today we figured we would give it a try for ourselves. It turned out AWESOME so I thought I would share it with you.
Easy Window Cling Craft
You will need:
A clear plastic sheet protector
White craft glue (like Elmer’s)
Liquid food coloring
Liquid dish detergent
small paint brush
Either draw a picture and put it inside the plastic sheet protector or wing it (like we did). Mix a couple of tablespoons of glue (eyeball it) with food coloring and a couple of drops of dish detergent until you get the color you like.
Paint on the sheet protector to make your picture. Make sure to paint really thick because you want it to be sturdy when you peel it off later. Make sure that different colors touch one another to make one solid painted piece. Set aside to dry.
When the image is dry, carefully peel the picture off the sheet protector and then stick it to a window. You can then peel it off and restick it to another glass surface as much as you want.
I think we’re going to do this again soon to make some homemade Halloween decorations. Oh, one other hint….we made the paint yellow, painted the petals and then added blue food coloring to make the paint green. This saved on glue and dishes to wash. Since the glue is water soluble, just run hot water in the dish you use and clean up is a snap.
- Honey Grilled Chicken and Shrimp with Cookina Reusable Grilling Sheets - April 24, 2015
- Meet Medicine Hat…A Great Road Trip from Calgary! - April 22, 2015
- A Company Doing It Right, The BMO #HelpGiven Campaign - April 21, 2015
- Monday Funday Linky Party – April 20 - April 20, 2015
- Delicious Double Chocolate Muffins - April 17, 2015
- What to Keep On Hand for Quick Dinners - April 16, 2015
- Exploring an Underground River and Cenotes at Kantun-Chi in the Mayan Riviera - April 15, 2015
- Monday Funday Linky Party – April 13 - April 13, 2015
- A Couples Escape in Canmore - April 12, 2015
- Quick Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta Skillet - April 9, 2015