Evan loves watching Artzooka on CBC Kids. His favorite part is the movies starring paper bag. He also loves watching all the different crafts that Jeremie (the host) makes. Yesterday he made window clings and Evan thought that was the coolest craft ever. So today we figured we would give it a try for ourselves. It turned out AWESOME so I thought I would share it with you.
Easy Window Cling Craft
You will need:
A clear plastic sheet protector
White craft glue (like Elmer’s)
Liquid food coloring
Liquid dish detergent
small paint brush
Either draw a picture and put it inside the plastic sheet protector or wing it (like we did). Mix a couple of tablespoons of glue (eyeball it) with food coloring and a couple of drops of dish detergent until you get the color you like.
Paint on the sheet protector to make your picture. Make sure to paint really thick because you want it to be sturdy when you peel it off later. Make sure that different colors touch one another to make one solid painted piece. Set aside to dry.
When the image is dry, carefully peel the picture off the sheet protector and then stick it to a window. You can then peel it off and restick it to another glass surface as much as you want.
I think we’re going to do this again soon to make some homemade Halloween decorations. Oh, one other hint….we made the paint yellow, painted the petals and then added blue food coloring to make the paint green. This saved on glue and dishes to wash. Since the glue is water soluble, just run hot water in the dish you use and clean up is a snap.
- Cedar and Sparrow – Get Natural Products Delivered to Your Door in Calgary & Cochrane - November 20, 2014
- Tips for Booking Holiday Travel On Points - November 18, 2014
- Monday Funday Linky Party – November 17 - November 17, 2014
- Ten Christmas Cookies You Should Try! - November 16, 2014
- Pleasantly Plump – Another Chasing Happy Instalment - November 13, 2014
- This Christmas’ Best Toys from Mastermind Toys & a New Calgary Location - November 12, 2014
- Lest We Forget - November 11, 2014
- Monday Funday Linky Party – November 10 - November 10, 2014
- Big Hero 6 Review - November 8, 2014
- Make Christmas Brighter for Kids with #TreatsforToys - November 6, 2014