Evan loves watching Artzooka on CBC Kids. His favorite part is the movies starring paper bag. He also loves watching all the different crafts that Jeremie (the host) makes. Yesterday he made window clings and Evan thought that was the coolest craft ever. So today we figured we would give it a try for ourselves. It turned out AWESOME so I thought I would share it with you.
Easy Window Cling Craft
You will need:
A clear plastic sheet protector
White craft glue (like Elmer’s)
Liquid food coloring
Liquid dish detergent
small paint brush
Either draw a picture and put it inside the plastic sheet protector or wing it (like we did). Mix a couple of tablespoons of glue (eyeball it) with food coloring and a couple of drops of dish detergent until you get the color you like.
Paint on the sheet protector to make your picture. Make sure to paint really thick because you want it to be sturdy when you peel it off later. Make sure that different colors touch one another to make one solid painted piece. Set aside to dry.
When the image is dry, carefully peel the picture off the sheet protector and then stick it to a window. You can then peel it off and restick it to another glass surface as much as you want.
I think we’re going to do this again soon to make some homemade Halloween decorations. Oh, one other hint….we made the paint yellow, painted the petals and then added blue food coloring to make the paint green. This saved on glue and dishes to wash. Since the glue is water soluble, just run hot water in the dish you use and clean up is a snap.
- Beyond the Sandwich Lunch Box Ideas - September 17, 2014
- Monday Funday Linky Party – Sept 15 - September 15, 2014
- Ten New York City Travel Tips & Tricks - September 13, 2014
- Copycat Guthrie’s Sauce and Why It Makes This Southern Girl So Happy - September 11, 2014
- Calgary Home + Design Show Gift Basket Giveaway - September 10, 2014
- Monday Funday Linky Party- September 8 - September 8, 2014
- Chasing Happy – Trying to Just BE - September 4, 2014
- Visiting Calgary? Definitely Check Out the Calgary Zoo! - September 3, 2014
- Monday Funday Linky Party – Sept 1 - September 1, 2014
- Muffin and Cookie Recipes for Back to School - August 30, 2014