Evan loves watching Artzooka on CBC Kids. His favorite part is the movies starring paper bag. He also loves watching all the different easy kid’s crafts that Jeremie (the host) makes. Yesterday he made window clings and Evan thought that was the coolest craft ever. So today we figured we would give it a try for ourselves. It turned out AWESOME so I thought I would share it with you.
Easy Window Cling Craft
You will need:
A clear plastic sheet protector
White craft glue (like Elmer’s)
Liquid food coloring
Liquid dish detergent
small paint brush
Either draw a picture and put it inside the plastic sheet protector or wing it (like we did). Mix a couple of tablespoons of glue (eyeball it) with food coloring and a couple of drops of dish detergent until you get the color you like.
Paint on the sheet protector to make your picture. Make sure to paint really thick because you want it to be sturdy when you peel it off later. Make sure that different colors touch one another to make one solid painted piece. Set aside to dry.
When the image is dry, carefully peel the picture off the sheet protector and then stick it to a window. You can then peel it off and restick it to another glass surface as much as you want.
I think we’re going to do this again soon to make some homemade Halloween decorations. Oh, one other hint….we made the paint yellow, painted the petals and then added blue food coloring to make the paint green. This saved on glue and dishes to wash. Since the glue is water soluble, just run hot water in the dish you use and clean up is a snap.
- Vacationing Without a Net - January 29, 2015
- Tips to Get You to a Fantastic New You! - January 27, 2015
- Monday Funday Linky Party – January 26 - January 26, 2015
- Top 10 Ways to Use Fish Sauce in Your Everyday Cooking - January 23, 2015
- Walt Disney World’s Art of Animation Resort - January 20, 2015
- The Share Kleenex® Care Initiative Follow Up Post - January 19, 2015
- Monday Funday Linky Party – January 19 - January 19, 2015
- Yoga, My Slow Cooker and All that Jazz - January 16, 2015
- Cheesy Italian Sausage Pasta Skillet - January 14, 2015
- Monday Funday Linky Party – January 12 - January 12, 2015