If you follow me on social media at all, you will know that I just returned from a blissful girls weekend at Sparkling Hill Resort. I get gushy just thinking about the days I spent there. We even had a hashtag, #getsparkling, and it was so appropriate. By day two I was dreaming of ways to return to the resort with Dewey for a couple’s getaway. Yep, before I even left I wanted to go back! Since going back was all I could talk about, I thought I would share with you all the reasons that have me plotting and scheming to return.
1. Sparkling Hills Resort is a GORGEOUS! Driving up, you see the beautiful resort situated on the top of the hill but you don’t realize the depth of the beauty of this resort. You see, it overlooks valleys and the lake. Gigantic windows make the most of the beauty surrounding the resort. There is literally no where in the resort that you aren’t surrounded with the natural beauty of Vernon, BC.
If natural beauty isn’t enough, Sparkling Hills is dripping with Swarovski crystals. With over 3.5 million crystal elements, this resort is truly sparkling!
2. The saunas and pools at your disposal when you stay at Sparkling Hill. I really had no idea what a real spa really was. You see, whenever I have gone to the spa, I get my massage and I leave. That is what I thought “going to the spa” was. At Sparkling Hill Resort, there are 7 steams and saunas that you get access to just by staying there (and only by staying there…you can’t just go to the spa). I couldn’t get pictures of the saunas because they were in full operation and had people in them so definitely check out the link. My favourites were the Crystal steam room, the Rose steam room and the Igloo. After spending time in the steams and saunas, I loved to rinse off in their amazing showers. You can pick different options for the shower. My favorite was Tropical. It had a giant rain shower head, birds chirping and tropical essential oils. I’ve already asked Dewey how we could retrofit our shower because I want birds and essential oils all the time!
After spending time in the spa, I loved to wrap up in my robe and read in the Tea Room or the Serenity Room. Both had beautiful views, comfy chairs and a quiet atmosphere. After reading, I would take a dip in the outdoor heated salt water pool or soak in the hot tub. After that….back to the saunas! Rinse and repeat for ultimate relaxation.
3. The food! A fantastic breakfast buffet was included with our room for the weekend. Sparkling Hill really tries to have something for every palate. Artisan breads from a local bakery, yogurt, granola, fresh fruit, cheeses, cold cuts, smoked salmon, eggs, sausages and roasted potatoes. My only complaint? That the AMAZING pork belly on the buffet Friday morning did not make a return appearance. I will be dreaming about that pork belly!
As you may remember, I am trying to go gluten free. Sparkling Hill made it very easy as the staff was very knowledgeable about what had gluten and what did not. There were also gluten free breads, muffins, etc available on the buffet.
Sparkling Hill has 2 dining options. The main dining room (which is where the breakfast buffet is located) and the bistro. I ate at both during my stay and the food at both was lovely. One thing to note is that there is a dress code (business casual, no jeans) in the main dining room for dinner. We ate dinner there on Saturday night and it was very, very good.
4. The luxurious rooms. Since this was a girls weekend, there were two of us per room. The rooms at Sparkling were large enough to share with a friend without being crowded. Comfortable beds were decked out with pure white sheets and duvets. Each room has floor to ceiling windows with breathtaking views. A glass shower stall and separate soaker tub that allow you to look out the windows while bathing add to the ultimate pampering of the room. Crystal accents on all the doors and drawers and a crystal faux fireplace add to the “sparkling” theme.
5. The KurSpa services. Though the saunas, steams and pools are super relaxing, I was extremely happy that I booked myself a Crystal Facial. I have never had a facial before so I wasn’t really sure what to expect. It was ninety minutes of pure bliss (well except for the 5 minutes of blemish extractions…that wasn’t that fun). My skin has never felt so soft and it is clearer than it has been in ages. The steam wraps, masques and lotions felt (and smelled) great. The bed where you lay for the facial is even heated! My facial also included an upper back/shoulder/neck massage, a lower leg massage and an arm massage. When I was done I felt like a puddle. Any more relaxed and I might have stopped breathing!
6. Great location! Located near Vernon, Sparkling Hills is 7 – 8 hours drive from Calgary or a 45 minute drive to the airport in Kelowna, BC. The quaint town of Vernon, BC is minutes away as is award winning golf and dining at Predator Ridge Golf Resort. If you are a wine lover (like me), there are many wineries with tasting rooms very close to Sparkling Hill. We visited 3 on our trip and my favourites were Ex Nihilo and Intrigue.
Overall, I loved every minute I spent at Sparkling Hill. Dewey got an earful upon my return about why we should book a trip to return NOW. Fingers crossed that we’ll be visiting them soon.
If you want visit Sparkling Hills Resort, make sure to sign up for the newsletter because that is where they post all their latest and greatest deals.
Disclosure: Accommodations were provided by Sparkling Hills Resort and, as always, all opinions are my own. Yes, I really loved the place THIS much. 🙂