Disclosure: This post for Brie, Apple and Thyme Melts has been sponsored by Breton. All opinions, as always, are my own.
Entertaining is one of my favourite things in life. I love having a house full of friends. Often we have music too, it’s one of the perks of having a musician husband. Friends and music is great but it is missing something key….FOOD. Thankfully, I usually keep my pantry and refrigerator well stocked (brie, anyone?). Lately, I’ve been stocking the pantry with new Breton Sprouted Grain crackers.
A few facts about Breton Sprouted Grain crackers:
- Sprouted grains is the #1 ingredient
- 5g sprouted whole grains per serving
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Peanut free
- 0g trans-fat per serving
- No cholesterol
- Only 80-90 calories per serving (4 crackers).
- Made with real sea salt for Sea Salt variety and real onions for Caramelized Onions.
- Sprouted grains used are whole wheat flour, cracked rye, cracked wheat, buckwheat and quinoa.
Oh…and they are REALLY YUMMY.
Because I don’t know about you but I like real food that is real yummy. I am not looking for some fad diet faux cracker that is made of only organic unicorn tears. Nope. I want yummy crackers made from real grains that hold up to a delicious dip or hunk of cheese. Life is too short. So instead of chasing the latest diet fad, step back and make changes you can live with. Using products with sprouted grains can be one of those changes.
Ok, off my soapbox and back to the recipe…
Brie, Apple and Thyme Melts take three of my favorite ingredients and melt them into a delicious appetizer much more complex than you would think possible from 3 ingredients!
- 12 Breton Sprouted Grain Caramelized Onion
- 1 small apple, diced (I recomend Pink Lady)
- 6 oz Brie cheese, diced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, remove from stems
- Top each cracker with diced apple and brie.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Broil until cheese starts to melt.
- Watch CLOSELY because they will burn.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Since they are made with ingredients you have on hand (except maybe the brie and fresh thyme…but really, you SHOULD have both on hand), you can whip them up for a girl’s night in or friends who pop by unexpectedly. Want to kick,them up a notch? Give them a drizzle of honey.
Love appetizers? Try these recipes!
Easy Baked Reuben Dip