You know those days when you have someone coming over for coffee super early in the morning and you need to feed them something yummy but life is majorly getting in the way? Yeah, I had one of those yesterday. The evening before I did have about an hour to bake. Cue feverish searching of the internet and the cupboards to see what I could whip up on short notice. This recipe for Morning Glory Muffins was already *pretty* healthy when I started but by subbing non-fat Greek yogurt for the oil, it became even healthier.
Even though they are healthy, these muffins got two big thumbs up from everyone in my household even though I made them the night before. Moist and delicious, you can’t even tell that they are low fat!
Easy Yogurt Morning Glory Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup finely diced apple ~1 medium apple peeled, cored and diced fine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan and a 6 cup muffin pan by either greasing the muffin cups or using cupcake papers that have been spritzed with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add carrots, apples, coconut and raisins and mix.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Love Morning Glory Muffins but want to try some others? These are worth the try!