Crostini are an easy and delicious appetizer to serve for any occasion. All it takes is a high quality baguette to make the base for a party’s worth of appetizers. Make a whole bunch of crostini and then top them with your favourite ingredients. They sky is the limit! When deciding on toppings, think about what your family already knows and loves. Chances are, they will go great on top of a crostini! Scroll down to check out my Mini Herb and Tomato Pizza Crostini Recipe!
Pizza is always a favourite in our house so I knew these woudl get a thumbs up from the fam. I was right! I also posted a recipe for Tuscan Mushroom Crostini. Other ideas can off the top of my head are:
- bleu cheese and pear
- bleu cheese, honey and walnuts
- pesto and boursin
- bacon and cheddar
- chicken, rosemary and brie
- brie and cranberries
- butter chicken
- boursin, cucumbers and tomatoes
Truly, the sky is the limit!
First off…how to make a crostini. You’ll need a good bread knife and cutting board but that’s it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thinly slice a baguette on an angle.
- Brush both sides with olive oil.
- Bake until the crostini are crispy throughout…about 15 minutes.
Mini Herb and Tomato Pizza Crostini
- Herb and Garlic cream cheese can use Lite
- grape tomatoes sliced crossways
- Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella cheese
- Smear each crostini with herb and garlic cream cheese.
- Cover with sliced grape tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until cheese is browned and bubbly.
Looking for more appetizer ideas? Check out these easy appetizer ideas!